Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Scandinavia and Jats

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Gupta and Barbarian have the same meaning

Gupt(a) means iin hindi Secret, hidden or little known. Once I discussed the word barbarian(often attached with arayans) word with Romila Thapar's research scholar. She explained that it meant little known people. It is true also. Not only Aryans but getae, guts etc. are called barbarians by herodotus also. I'll quote from history chapter "persian wars" describing the fight of massageate queen tomyris with Cyrus the great around 5-6 century BC, when cyrus was killed; "First they faught on horse back with arrows, then with spears etc. n in last both the armies came on hand to hand fighting. In all the bloody wars in which these barbarians engage themselves this war was the fiercest"

not only jat and aryan but saka, huns, turks etc. are also called barbarians. This is differently taken in history from the word barbaric which means ruthless. why these jats aryan saka etc. are called barbarians or little known people is due to the fact that most of history writers were non jats. n jats were usually little known to these outsiders i.e. non-jats.

Login to view details.

Vikram era

Burdakji, it will be worthwhile to mention here my earlier quote:

western calender is bit misrepresented/misunderstood indian calender

no need to start a year from january. it all starts from march or nearby like indian saka n vikram calender both started by jat rulers kanishka n vikramaditya.

even modern cristien calender is same as these are.

start from march which means MARCH means begins. n from march (1)count: April(2); May(3); June(4); July(5); August(6); September means septa means 7, saat in hindi; october means octa means 8, aath in hindi, utth in punjabi; november means 9, nau in hindi and naun in punjabi; december means deci(mal), deca(gram) means 10, dus in hindi n daa in punjabi; january 11 and february the last and 12th.

the february was the last n 12th month can be said by all common sense because its here we adjust the remaining odd days after 4 years i.e. leap year. usually n e common sense person will adjust the remaining undivisible figure in the last only n not in the beginning or 2nd month.

n had it begun with january then its absurd 2 count 7-10 i.e. (sept to december) from it; which is rather 9-12, total absurd as it is 2day. it makes sense only when this calender begins with march as said earlier.

my opinion is same not only with numerals but english n all european alphabets also seem 2 be derived from the indian ones.

Login to view details.

Ujjina village is also there in Mewat near Nuh, Palwal (Faridabad)

Burdak ji

very nice thought. There are many jat clans who claim to migrate from Ujjain. Coins of Tewatia Jats have been found over there identified by famous historian Dr. KP Jaiswal. Tapti/Tapi river is also not far from there named after Tabti/Tebti/Tewatia Jats. Incidentaly Tapi/Tapti also seem to convey the meaning as hot/warm/fire is called Taap/Tapt/Tao/Taav in Indian languages particularly in Hindi/Braj etc. Taav/Tao me aana means gussa hona means getting angry. Similar is the meaning of Tewatia the family of fire worshippers. Recently the ex. Mayer of Delhi Jai Shri Panwar also claime that Panwars of Shahpur Jat in Delhi migrated to Delhi from Ujjain via Indry village in Hodal (Faridabad).
    Last edited by sktewatia; February 4th, 2006 at 07:31 PM.