Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: India to celebrate 150th anniversary of '1857 Uprising'

India to celebrate 150th anniversary of '1857 Uprising'

Dear Friends,

Indian government has decided to celebrate 150th anniversary of '1857 Uprising' in a big way. Here is the link to the news item;

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0506250390.htm

As we all know, lots of Jats also participated in that first war of independence. Let us try to compile a list of all Jat Heroes of 1857 and ensure that they are all remembered in most suitable manner during the celebrations. Let this message go to every Jat House hold to ensure their participation at local level, regional level and national level. May be we come out with a small book, which has a page or two on every Jat hero of 1857. We need all the Jat historians and others to join hands and make sure that our contribution does not go without notice.

Rajendra

There is a very famous saying, " Shikar ke waqat Kutiya Hagayee". Now when time is fast approaching to show the nation and rest of world our contribution to Indian freedom struggle, we are sleeping. We have all the time to get engaged in all sorts of talks and gossips, but no time for something, which brings us unique opportunity to project our image. Look what others are doing to get ready for the big event;

1. Muslim body to mark 150 years of 1857 revolt
    (http://www.eians.com/stories/2005/08/08/08tab.shtml)

Muslim organisation is coming out with 9-volume book on their contribution in the freedom struggle.

Can't we compile our contribution in the form of a book? Is there no one who can be assigned the task? World will notice us only if we present something concrete on our contribution, else we will be buried as unknown warriors.

Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; January 14th, 2006 at 06:00 PM.

Dear Rajender ji,

Thanks for starting this important thread. You are right in saying that we should do everything to compile the names and the contribution of all the Jat heros who participated in the first War of Independence.

In addition to what we have in history books we should also seek help from govt. channels. At least in Haryana, i know that their is full-fledge department that looks after the affairs related to freedom fighters.

I hope all the mebers would take this appeal seriously.

Sateypal

We must try do somthing about it. Rajendra ji, why don't you take this initiative. It will be a noble cause and do let us know in what way we all can contribute.....frankly i am absolutely clueless about it.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Shayamal singh from bijrol....

I am not sure if he was around in 1857 uprising...But i have heard this name a lot from our Jat elders....Kalkhande ji aapne toh ye nam suna hoga shayad...

Task is certainly not easy as it would require lots of research and fact finding about every claim. However, this needs to be taken on top priority. We need some professional historian on the panel. There is not enough material on the net and it will have to be collected from archives. Let us debate how to go about it so that most authentic history version comes out.

Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli

I am not sure if he was around in 1857 uprising...But i have heard this name a lot from our Jat elders....Kalkhande ji aapne toh ye nam suna hoga shayad...
    Yes I know of him and Mohar Singh from Shamli. We need more names and the details of their contribution. May be jatland members can reserach from their own area and list the names here. Then we can get detailed information about each one of them and compile in book form.

Rajendra

One of the gate of Baraut Jat College (oe Junta Vedic College) is named after Shaymal. People says he was caught and executed. I think his story must be documented.

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli

_(~)_

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Post rite

I have also heard this.....
    it shoud be documented

Sahaimull became a martyr fighting with the British troops at the head of 300 warriors of the Sarvkhap, in a pond near the village of Bardhka near Baraut (U.P,). The Chaudhary Mohar Singh, in the same manner gave his life along with his companions near Shamli (District Muzzafarnagar, U.P.). The Shamli Kisan Dharmshala raised a monument to his memory on April 4, 1976.

Rajendra

May be we celebrate the occasion on the plateform of Haryana Sarv Khap. Smaller functions can be organised in all major towns of area and then the final gala celebrations can take place in Shoron, the seat of Sarv Khap. Preparations must start as soon as possible.

Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; January 15th, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

Rk ji
    Your suggestion about using Haryana Sarv Khap plateform is really good.This is a seat representing our democratic traditions brotherhood equality and a form used by us to mobilise commoan man against the enemies of our country.

However I will divert your attention to sordid plan by some city people not known to our customs and our philosphies of our brotherhood in villages, to undermine the authority of this khap panchayats.They took advantage of certain unfortunate incidences in some villages and filed a patition in high court to declare convining of these panchayats illegal.They donot understand why these jats consider all girls of their own village or of the same gotra as their sisters.Since reds have many many policies catering to muslims influences they also don't understand why jats refuse marriges in the same gotra.High court has asked haryana govt to specify its positios regarding these khaps.I urge all members to mobilise public and political opinion to ward off any incursions in our democratic rights and save this glorious tradition.
    we expect our jat commarades Ranvir singh Dahia ,Jagmati sangwan Inderjit etc to see also the positive aspects of our system and support this GREAT INSTITUTION.

Login to view details.

raja nahar singh tewatia of ballabgarh

samrat bahadur shah zafar was gheraod by british forces. the news reached raja nahar. he geraoed the british forces who gheraoed the badshah. britishers were forced to lift their ghera.

ultimately nahar singh controlled delhi for some months by the order of bahadur shah. made some corrections in the administrative system at mehrauli and badarpur.

ultimately he was hanged at chandni chowk on 9th january 1958. whole delhi n surrounding area wept on that day.

curiously enough v read rani jhansi, tope, bahadur shah, nana sahib, even mangal pande but not this raja in history text books. that too by those who celebrate independence day every year.

i'm not against other martyres but why this martyre is not mentioned in common indian history.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sktewatia For This Useful Post:

bsbana (December 31st, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb
    Rk ji
    Your suggestion about using Haryana Sarv Khap plateform is really good.This is a seat representing our democratic traditions brotherhood equality and a form used by us to mobilise commoan man against the enemies of our country.

However I will divert your attention to sordid plan by some city people not known to our customs and our philosphies of our brotherhood in villages, to undermine the authority of this khap panchayats.They took advantage of certain unfortunate incidences in some villages and filed a patition in high court to declare convining of these panchayats illegal.They donot understand why these jats consider all girls of their own village or of the same gotra as their sisters.Since reds have many many policies catering to muslims influences they also don't understand why jats refuse marriges in the same gotra.High court has asked haryana govt to specify its positios regarding these khaps.I urge all members to mobilise public and political opinion to ward off any incursions in our democratic rights and save this glorious tradition.
    we expect our jat commarades Ranvir singh Dahia ,Jagmati sangwan Inderjit etc to see also the positive aspects of our system and support this GREAT INSTITUTION.
    I very much agree with you NK. Our Khaps don't have proper spokespersons who can tell their side of the story properly and this is where the media has painted them in black one sided. Sarv Khaps are becoming more and more relevant. We need to blend modern life into Sarv Khap. I am all for it. Let us celebrate 150 years under the banner of Sarv Haryana Khap and let this be a joint celebration of entire Haryana and western UP. Let us all meet under a tree in our true tradition and blow the Konch of celebrations. Let us make a Sarv Khap committee which will oversee the celebrations. Other social issues can also be discussed as part of celebrations. Let us involve all communities and jut not the jats. we can present the positive picture of Sarv Khap.

Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    samrat bahadur shah zafar was gheraod by british forces. the news reached raja nahar. he geraoed the british forces who gheraoed the badshah. britishers were forced to lift their ghera.

ultimately nahar singh controlled delhi for some months by the order of bahadur shah. made some corrections in the administrative system at mehrauli and badarpur.

ultimately he was hanged at chandni chowk on 9th january 1958. whole delhi n surrounding area wept on that day.

curiously enough v read rani jhansi, tope, bahadur shah, nana sahib, even mangal pande but not this raja in history text books. that too by those who celebrate independence day every year.

i'm not against other martyres but why this martyre is not mentioned in common indian history.
    I fully agree with you tewatia sahab. Let us all join hands and have grand celebrations at all the sites where our fore-fathers spilled their blood to save our honour. However, I am for the Sarv Khap celebrations as that will involve common men. Let government celebrate the sacrifices of kings and Nawabs..

Rajendra

Login to view details.

but nahar the tewatia celebrated "sipahi kranti divas" the soldier's day

many soldiers are having moovies after them like mangal pande. its good n i touch their feet. but this raja is nowhere mentioned in the 1st freedom struggle even in indian history. he was originally from my village janauly founded by jaunpal about 2000 yrs back. everybody in my area knows it. jats had a long memory but little sense of history.

this raja was not considered as raja but a brother by the whole population around delhi. He solved the problem of meo chaudharys in mewat. some vehicles of these meo chaudharies were stolen. he corrected the problem.

but then almost all jat kings were usually elected kings like virka rajya vardhana brother of harsha, gopala the founder of pala dynasty about 10-11 hundred years back.

Login to view details.

(10000/25)th jublee celebration of jats, 150 yrs r 2 less, but still a good idea

in "makers of civilizations", "kephart kelvin" says

"by 7700 bc they had crossed tien mountains...... n later these getae/getz/jats became the ancestors of the nordic branch of aryans"

Login to view details.

jats n mountains

Common history books say "aryans spoke different languages n the whole group of languages can be clubbed as 'indo-european'. these languages have common words for flora n fauna. but curiously enough common words for mountains are missing though aryans crossed many mountains"

here are a few mountains named after jats: Djeti, Djigit, Dzhigit in tien mountains

n famous gilgit after gil/gill jats

Login to view details.

western calender is bit misrepresented/misunderstood indian calender

no need to start a year from january. it all starts from march or nearby like indian saka n vikram calender both started by jat rulers kanishka n vikramaditya.

even modern cristien calender is same as these are.

start from march which means MARCH means begins. n from march (1)count: April(2); May(3); June(4); July(5); August(6); September means septa means 7, saat in hindi; october means octa means 8, aath in hindi, utth in punjabi; november means 9, nau in hindi and naun in punjabi; december means deci(mal), deca(gram) means 10, dus in hindi n daa in punjabi; january 11 and february the last and 12th.

the february was the last n 12th month can be said by all common sense because its here we adjust the remaining odd days after 4 years i.e. leap year. usually n e common sense person will adjust the remaining undivisible figure in the last only n not in the beginning or 2nd month.

n had it begun with january then its absurd 2 count 7-10 i.e. (sept to december) from it; which is rather 9-12, total absurd as it is 2day. it makes sense only when this calender begins with march as said earlier.

my opinion is same not only with numerals but english n all european alphabets also seem 2 be derived from the indian ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    no need to start a year from january. it all starts from march or nearby like indian saka n vikram calender both started by jat rulers kanishka n vikramaditya.

even modern cristien calender is same as these are.

start from march which means MARCH means begins. n from march (1)count: April(2); May(3); June(4); July(5); August(6); September means septa means 7, saat in hindi; october means octa means 8, aath in hindi, utth in punjabi; november means 9, nau in hindi and naun in punjabi; december means deci(mal), deca(gram) means 10, dus in hindi n daa in punjabi; january 11 and february the last and 12th.

the february was the last n 12th month can be said by all common sense because its here we adjust the remaining odd days after 4 years i.e. leap year. usually n e common sense person will adjust the remaining undivisible figure in the last only n not in the beginning or 2nd month.

n had it begun with january then its absurd 2 count 7-10 i.e. (sept to december) from it; which is rather 9-12, total absurd as it is 2day. it makes sense only when this calender begins with march as said earlier.

my opinion is same not only with numerals but english n all european alphabets also seem 2 be derived from the indian ones.
    Most interesting Tewatia sahab... Never thought along these lines..it sounds so true...

RK^2